Tamiya - 1/10 Toyota Mountain Rider 4x4 Kit
Manufacturer: Tamiya Product Code: 47394
47394 1/10 Toyota Mountain Rider 4x4 kit
2 - 6 Business Days
This rip-roaring R/C model assembly kit recreates the Toyota Hilux, a pick-up truck which has enjoyed enduring popularity in the U.S., Japan and beyond. The model employs a ladder frame like that on the actual car, and is powered by a 3-speed transmission that offers 4WD (1st gear) and 2WD (2nd and 3rd gears) and allows gear changing while running. The realism doesn't stop there, with the sturdy suspension featuring metal axle housings, leaf springs and shackles, while the rear setup is fitted with a radius rod. A metal front under guard helps the model take on tough off-road conditions. The detailed and durable injection-molded body with roll bar is married to metal-plated wheels on 123mm diameter tires to give the model a stylish, high-lift appearance.
About the Toyota Truck
The Toyota Hilux has enjoyed sustained popularity in Japan and across the world since the first model's debut in 1968. The 3rd generation 30/40 Series appeared in 1978, with the RN36 model developed for export markets. It featured a sporty, lightweight body and was powered by a 98hp 1,968cc 4-cylinder gasoline engine. Furthermore, its live axle suspension featured front leaf spring shackles located toward the rear to provide a sufficient approach angle for superb off-road performance. Front/rear flared fenders and large tires gave the truck a tall, aggressive stance, the look complemented by the chunky front grille and dual rounded headlights. The RN36 was mainly exported to North America, but was also later sold in Japan and there are still many fans of this pick-up to this day.
• 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 525mm, width: 278mm, height: 275mm. Tread: 200mm (front)/218mm (rear). Wheelbase: 287mm.
• Features a realistic injection molded body with roll bar.
• The chassis is based around a ladder frame like that of the actual car, and is powered by a 3-speed transmission with 4WD (1st gear) and 2WD (2nd and 3rd gears), employing a universal drive shaft.
• Sturdy suspension features metal axle housings, leaf springs and shackles, while the rear setup is fitted with a radius rod.
• Differentials in die cast axle housings front and rear make for smooth turns.
• Front & rear large diameter tires are paired with stylish plated wheels.
• Includes 540-brushed type motor.
• Separately available LEDs can be installed in the light cases to depict realistic head and tail lights.
• Requires: 4-channel Tamiya Attack radio, steering servo, ESC, 7.2volt battery pack with compatible charger, and Tamiya TS and acrylic paints to complete.
Includes 3-Speed refined clutch mechanisms
|Construction type||Assembly kit|
|Drive line||Solid axle|
|Shock damper||Friction damper|
|Shock damper material||Aluminum|
|Body material||ABS Plastic|
|Chassis material||Aluminum & plastic|
|Electronic Speed Control (ESC)||Not included|
|LED Light buckets||Yes|
|Adjustable toe angles||Front only|
|Adjustable ground clearance||Fixed|
|Adjustable gear ratio||3-speed transmission|
|Adjustable track width||Fixed|
|Adjustable shock angle||Fixed|
|Special feature 1||Length: 525mm|
|Special feature 2||ABS plastic molded body|
|Special feature 3||Metal ladder frame chassis|
|Special feature 4||The die-cast transmission is equipped with planetary gears for optimized gear ratio|
|Special feature 5||Refined clutch mechanisms offer smooth gear changes and superb durability|
|Special feature 6||3-speed gears are possible (1st gear = 4WD, 2nd & 3rd gears = Rear Wheel Drive)|
|Special feature 7||Die-cast aluminum front/rear axle housings are equipped with differential gears|
|Special feature 8||Front and rear differentials may be locked for even greater off-road performance|
|Special feature 9||Separately available LEDs can be installed in the light cases to depict realistic head and tail lights|
|Requires A||4-channel radio gear|
|Requires B||7.2 battery & charger|
|Requires C||Polycarbonate paint|
|Requires D||Electronic speed control|