HPI - 1/5 Baja 5B SBK 2WD GP Scale Desert Buggy Kit
Manufacturer: HPI Racing Product Code: HPI 160323
1/5 Baja 5B SBK 2WD GP Scale Desert Buggy Kit (Gas powered option)
HPI large scale fans, we have heard you! The one and only original HPI Baja 5B is BACK and ready for you to build from the ground up! The HPI SBK collection of Self Build Kits grows with the addition of not just one, but TWO 1/5th scale HPI kits! Fans of large scale off-road RC will be super excited to build their own gas-powered 1/5th scale Buggy with the HPI Baja 5B Self Build Kit!
When the HPI Baja 5B buggy was first introduced, large scale RC was very expensive and quite difficult for the average RC hobbyist to experience. Using highly durable parts and innovative design features, HPI brought large scale off-road to new enthusiasts and ushered in a new, BIGGER era of RC!
Now, YOU can build and own the legend! Experience the thrill and excitement of building a car which ends up being over 80cm (nearly 32 inches) long and weighing nearly 10kg (over 21 lb)! Just install your own engine and electronics as you build the HPI Baja 5B and you'll be ready for any adventure that comes your way!
With extra-tough drivetrain parts like the viscous torque differential, super-durable composite spur gear with internal damping and all-metal drivetrain, the HPI Baja 5B is ready for your 23-32cc 2-stroke engine so you can experience the joy of gas-powered RC and up to 30-minute runtimes!
The HPI Baja 5B is also equipped with extra-big and super-tough suspension parts, featuring awesome HPI durability! With its expertly designed molded composite suspension plus extra-long adjustable HD shocks, and massive high impact nylon 3-piece beadlock wheels, the Baja 5B is ready for full-speed racing on any off-road circuit!
The 4mm thick 6061 aluminum monocoque chassis gives the HPI Baja 5B the classic desert racing buggy look. Precisely bent into shape for maximum strength, the chassis provides the mounting points for the engine and suspension, forming the backbone of the car. Precise steering is provided by a dual-bellcrank rack and cam-type servo saver. Aluminum parts are anodized in cool gunmetal and the classic Baja desert racer clear polycarbonate body is included in the SBK kit, ready for your custom racing scheme!
The Baja 5B SBK is a great addition to your HPI collection, as well as a fabulous introduction to large scale buggies!
- Unassembled 1/5th scale Off-Road Buggy
- Ready for your 23-32cc RC engine
- Ready for your electronics
- Enclosed radio box
- Baja desert racing body design
- Adjustable HD shock absorbers
- Monocoque chassis
- Low CG for superior handling
- Long travel suspension
- Viscous torque oil-filled gear differential
- All-terrain tires
- Beadlock wheels with metal insert hubs
- Aluminum rear shock tower
- Hard plastic skid plates
- Adjustable rear wing
- Quick access to all critical maintenance points
- Dual bellcrank steering
- Cam type servo saver
- Race spec Hex socket hardware
- Gunmetal anodizing
- Full set of rubber-sealed ball bearings
- Overall Length 817mm
- Height: 255mm
- Width: Front - 460mm; Rear - 480mm
- Tire Track (to center of tires): Front - 395mm; Rear - 400mm
- Wheelbase: 570mm
- Ride Height: 76mm
- Suspension Travel: Front - 95mm; Rear - 100mm
- Weight: 9.6kg (21.3lb)
- Adjustable Camber: front - shims; rear - screw
- Front caster: adjustable with shim 22 / 25.5* / 29 degrees (* stock)
- Toe-in: Front adjustable with tie rod; Rear adjustable with inserts 0-4 degrees (3 degrees stock set-up)
- Aircraft aluminum 6061 T6 monocoque chassis
- Double wishbone suspension with adjustable roll center F/R
- Drive system: HD metal gears with sealed gear box (8.382:1 gear ratio)
- Differential: viscous torque control with 4 pinion gears; sealed diff case with silicone oil
- Shock absorber: HD Aluminum coilover shock absorber with fully adjustable preload collar
- Wheel type: 3-piece beadlock design, high impact nylon material with inset heavy-duty metal hex hub
BAJA 5B GAS SBK
1/5th Scale 2WD Gas-Powered Buggy Self-Assembly Kit with Clear Body
WHAT YOU NEED:
Radio system with transmitter, receiver, large scale steering servo, 1/10th scale throttle servo
23-32cc RC engine with muffler or pipe
Hump style receiver battery with Tamiya plugs plus a suitable charger
You may also like
Out of Stock
Ships in 4-8 Business Days